Saturday, April 14, 2007

Why an anonymous blog?

According to some people it's a bad thing to write anonomously. I can't spell it either:( (All the spellcheck does is verify that, yes, I can't spell this word) I don't think I could ever write under my own name. I put too much of myself in it.

Hopefully I can remain anon. Someday I'll let my kids read this after they're grown. It'll explain of lot of things to them about why I did things certain ways and was so careful with what I let them do. I try to balance my fear of someone doing harm to them by allowing them to climb high into trees, dig holes and make forts in the yard, play with fire under supervision, have bb guns and bows and arrows, ride the pony bareback, and all kinds of other things.

I want to protect my family from my musings on my growing up years. My dad was a good dad to us and my mom seems to have changed. She was never altogether a "bad" mom, but it's easier to remember the things that hurt. I'll try to post about both.

I don't necessarily want to protect my 6th grade teacher, but I sorta end up doing so in order to protect my identity. If anyone thinks they know who it is and you're also a victim; then I'm ready to roast him with you. In a future post that I'll get to, it will be clear as to why he is ready to roast.

I don't think it's bad to write anon. It depends on a lot of different things. If I received letters that had people yelling at me in them and they didn't even sign their name; then I shouldn't pay any attention to it. If I received a note from someone and they were just hurting but not ticked at me personally; then I would be glad they at least trusted me with their info even though not with their name. I end up talking to complete strangers in stores because I ask if they're okay. (They don't look okay) Usually we end up talking for about 30 minutes. The record was at Toys R Us last summer when I talked to this lady for about 2 hours. I guess people feel safe talking to a stranger who cares enough to ask. It's kind of like an anon note. All the info is out there but who they are is kept private.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the conversation with me, myself and I. ;)
I'm planning being more consistent in my blogging, so I'll actually be around to converse with.