Saturday, April 14, 2007

Pre-School Years-school

This is what I remember from up to age five. I'll add to this along the way if I remember any more.

School:
We had nap time every afternoon. This was back before kids had cushy mats to sleep on. We just unrolled our towel and laid it on the hard floor and were expected to sleep. I always hurried (but never ran of course) to get my towel and claim the best spot. I liked to "sleep" near the inoperable coin-operated ride on horse. It was huge and sat on a brown metal base, which if you laid there the teacher couldn't see if your eyes were open or not. It was a great asset during nap time if you didn't want to nap.

We always had a healthy snack sometime during the day. I know I used to know what time, but I've forgotten now. I learned how to tell time somewhat in pre-school, because I always wanted to know when/what time the next thing was. Anyway, one time our snack was a canned plum. It looked nasty and I wanted nothing to do with it. My teached said I had to eat it because I said I wanted one. That wasn't exactly true. That plum was misrepresented. The teacher asked for us to raise our hands if we wanted a plum. Of course I raised my hand. I loved plums. We had a plum tree in our front yard and those plums were great. She did not ask "Who wants a really ugly plum out of a can?" So when that plum was plopped in my bowl I said I didn't want it. I'd never seen a canned plum before and this one looked rotten to me. After a long time, I don't know how long, but everyone else was playing and I was still at the table looking at this plum, I ate it. It actually tasted good, so I asked for another. I guess because I was such a stinker they wouldn't give me another one. There were more because I saw the teacher eating them.

We had coloring time, but for some reason we were only allowed one crayon. One day I picked yellow because it looked so bright. The problem was that it wouldn't show up on my white paper. I asked for a different crayon and was told no. So I proceeded to color really hard so it would show. Well coloring time came to an end and we were told to put down our crayons. I didn't and I think actually "backtalked" and said I wasn't done yet. So I got a switching with the pointer stick. I still think it was stupid for us to only be allowed to pick one color to use. No wonder most of the pictures my mom has in my baby book only have one color. --sarcasm alert--- "Oh, you like blue? How nice. You can color the sky, trees and grass that color."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the conversation with me, myself and I. ;)
I'm planning being more consistent in my blogging, so I'll actually be around to converse with.