Monday, April 16, 2007

What is Fellowship?

I'm done for now on dredging up past crap. It wears me out. I can't do anything!!!

I was up all night coughing too bad to sleep, and that was after I took one of those 12 hr cough medicines. I tootled around on the web most of the night. I guess I should have read a good book. Maybe not, though. I came away from my forum readings with a strong sense that the church we are now attending is the right choice.

We've had more real fellowship recently than we've ever had. God is good. I know he is, but sometimes things happen or fall together in a such a way that the goodness and love of God just grips me. God knew we weren't ready for this type of realness in fellowship even though we were hungry and looking for it. We had to be "starving" before we began to look again outside of the church we were in. That led us to a totally new kind of church, one that we wouldn't have touched with a 10 foot pole even a year ago.

What is fellowship? real fellowship? biblical fellowship? I say we've had more real fellowship recently than ever before.

My definition of real fellowship
  1. Doesn't center around small talk
  2. People will dig into your life and expect you to dig into theirs. This is also called transparency.
  3. This transparency is pouring out of people. Many mask layers are removed.
  4. Christ centered and life changing
  5. It's WOW! because it is radically different when it reaches past the pastor level and floods the rest of the church

I don't know if I 'm prepared for this fellowship, but I plan on jumping in with both feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the conversation with me, myself and I. ;)
I'm planning being more consistent in my blogging, so I'll actually be around to converse with.