Tuesday, April 17, 2007

I'm Not Sweet

I like to read blogs. I especially enjoy the really feminine ones that sound so sweet and really with it concerning managing their household, raising children and being a help meet for their husband. Every once in a while I think that maybe I would be a better wife and Christian if I implemented some of those things I learn from those type of blogs or websites. So I turn it on and crank out the sweetness and perfect dinners and the kids always in bed on time, and the house looks good--even closets. I become very supportive and appreciative of my husband.

I do all this and I scare him. He wonders what's wrong with me, have I been watching Martha Stewart again?--he outlawed that about 2 years into our marraige;)-- in general he misses me. He misses the soapboxes I get on, and just me. I'm not sweet. I say it like it is. I have an opinion on almost everything, but when he "puts his foot down" I'm fine(usually) and follow what he decides. When he puts his foot down, he stands up, lifts his knee up high in the air and brings his foot down and says "I'm putting my foot down". Wonderful man that he is; he knows I need a definite answer in a non-threatening way. We both can laugh at the caricature of what we were taught in our early years of marriage.

Some part of me wants to be like those sweet women I know in real life and the ones whose blogs I read. I'm sure if I just did one, new for me, thing like keeping up with the laundry I wouldn't scare him. How is always having clean socks and underwear scary?:) What really scares him is when I agree with him too readily. I think we have a good balance of discussion and submission. I usually know when to concede even when I don't agree. I'm usually right on things we disagree on and he usually sees it eventually. We agree on most things and, depending on what it is, love to dig in and discuss(not the fundi word for argue/fight) what we don't agree on up one side and down the other. Well, I'm not going to be like the sweet, soft-spoken ones any time soon 'cause I'm just not sweet. I'm me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the conversation with me, myself and I. ;)
I'm planning being more consistent in my blogging, so I'll actually be around to converse with.