Tuesday, May 1, 2007

The Pre-School Years-home

I have a lot of scattered memories up through kindergarten.
  • The upstairs carpet was red shag and we had black leather couches and lamps with red glass bases on tables next to the sofas.
  • I had a parakeet that shed feathers a lot. I picked them up before my mom vacuumed and put them in an old green light bulb.
  • I used to "fish" off the sofa in the living room with a toy fishing rod and fish.
  • I was scared of the vacuum.
  • My mom used to rock me in the rocking chair and sing "Rock a bye baby" with sound effects and rocking chair wrecks. She didn't rock me after my sister was born. I remember I was seven and she wanted to rock me and I told her I was too big. She still wanted to and I let her. That was the last time I remember feeling loved by my mom. A year later she got mad at me and said she was leaving me. I never trusted her again.
  • I had a spiderman with parachute that I would drop down over the railing to the basement.
  • My dad taught me how to make jet airplanes instead of the boxy ones all the other kids made.
  • It snowed one year and the snow in our yard was up to my waist. I followed my dad around the yard walking in the way he cleared for me. I tried to make my own trail, but couldn't. My dad had to come pick me up and put me back on his path.----That sounds like how God deals with me today.

I'm going to keep adding to this section as I remember stuff and have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the conversation with me, myself and I. ;)
I'm planning being more consistent in my blogging, so I'll actually be around to converse with.