Thursday, May 3, 2007

My daughter can't frown

My daughter just came in to tell me that she couldn't frown anymore. When she tried to frown her mouth just twitched and stayed smiling. "Mama, my smile is stuck on my face. I can't stop; my cheeks are aching. I've been smiling all day."

The contrast between her and me at her age is worlds apart. At her age I couldn't smile. At her age I had been horribly violated by a teacher I trusted and that everyone seemed to love.

She reminds me of myself "before". How can I protect her? There are several registered sex offenders of minors who live within several blocks of our house, and we live in a good neighborhood.

My daughter can't frown. I am so glad! She smiles and bounces. So far she is safe. She hasn't been robbed of her childhood innocence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the conversation with me, myself and I. ;)
I'm planning being more consistent in my blogging, so I'll actually be around to converse with.