Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Singing the Psalms

Reading the Bible is very triggering for me right now, even though I'm avoiding the King James Version.  So I listen to good music that are heavy in the Psalms.  It's a balm for my soul and if I sing along, at least in my head, it doesn't trigger me.

So almost all day I've been listening to My Cry Ascends: New Parish Psalms.
Two of my favorites are Lord Jesus Think on Me and From Depths of Woe.  I know they don't sound all that encouraging, but those songs, especially, are keeping me grounded in the here and now; and I desperately need that.

http://www.ligonier.org/store/my-cry-ascends-new-parish-psalms-cd/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to join the conversation with me, myself and I. ;)
I'm planning being more consistent in my blogging, so I'll actually be around to converse with.